Travel Registration

All travelers are required to register international travel with the university. The university requires registration in order to provide insurance, assistance, and information to travelers in the event of an emergency. See Travel Resources. Registration is also required to ensure that travelers are aware of travel resources available to them through the university and policies/procedures regarding covered travel.

  • Employees traveling without students (independently or as part of group) must register international travel with Mason’s Travel Request System.
  • Students participating in organized study abroad will be instructed by their trip leader, and/or the college/school sponsoring the study abroad opportunity, on the process for registering their travel.
  • Students traveling for independent or research related travel sponsored by the university should register travel with the Global Education Office.